Thursday, January 12, 2012

A little about myself..

Let me tell you what I am trying to do - I am trying to change things around here. (I use 'here' loosely as it means anywhere from my heart to my home to my community, and beyond.) But before I do that, let me tell you a little about myself:




I am in my mid-twenties, married to my true love and mother to six-month-old Lila Rose. I went to a private, Christian high school and did well but never graduated from college. Instead, I developed a serious love for cooking and baking so I worked in a cafe for many years. Now I am blessed to be able to stay at home with Lila. I live in a little town, roughly three thousand people, in central Washington. There are some limitations - only having the Edge network on my iPhone - for example, is highly irritating, but overall, it is wonderful. I spend my free time gardening, cooking, using any excuse to make cupcakes, painting, chasing my cat around the house (yes, you read right...I am a cat person and I'm not ashamed. My husband is ashamed.), making greeting cards, reading, and other old-personish things. My husband , Kevin, served our country for five years in the U.S.M.C. I am so proud of him and I am so grateful to live in the land of the free. I believe that America was built on biblical principals. I use cloth diapers and make baby food and try to always use 'green' products although honestly, the whole movement sort of bothers me. If the large corporations had any integrity (a concept seemingly lost to America today), there would be no reason to shop organic or green. Don't get me started about that. Moving on. We try our hardest to never use credit, buy our cars in cash and tithe before we pay bills, not after. But as it is for most people, money is never ending battle. My husband idolizes Dave Ramsey which is both awesome and annoying, depending on my mood. I listen to country music, like to have a beer or two on occasion, love playing board games, watching TV, and going car camping in the woods by our house. I drink WAY too much coffee. We have amazing families and they are both here in town! This is SO cool. We attend church on Sundays and go to bible study and pray before dinner. We are in good health, make enough money, own our home, and love each other more than words can describe.  We are obviously blessed.
I couldn't ask for more. However, a couple months ago, I started to feel like perhaps, more could be asked of me. I am a lukewarm Christian. But I am normal!
God deserves more than what is considered normal. And realizing that is how this all began.

1 comment:

  1. You and your family are inspiring, and I'm excited to see the path the your lives move on in the next couple of years.

    ReplyDelete